Monday, March 20, 2006

Monday's with Murray and GW

I was sitting at the BFD doing some work when Brien entered the office with the mail. Without saying a work, although I could hear him smiling, he plopped a small wooden gavel down on the desk (pictured below) and handed me a handful of papers, which included a picture, an award, and the following PRESS RELEASE:


FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

BRIEN MEYER APPOINTED TO BUSINESS ADVISORY COUNCIL

Washington, D.C. – The National Republican Congressional Committee announced that Brien Mayer has been appointed to serve on the Business Advisory Council (BAC) in recognition of valuable contributions and dedication to the Republican Party.

Meyer will serve the state of Florida and is expected to play a crucial role in the Party’s efforts to involved top business people in the process of government reform.

The Business Advisory Council is part of the National Republican Congressional Committee, and is dedicated to making sure that small business has a voice in Washington.

Meyer, who has long supported Republican ideals, particularly debt reduction and tax reform, will be a key member of the Council.


Lest you accuse me of joking, I have included pictures as proof that I speak truth.

This also reminds me of one of 211’s most memorable quotes, which to this day Stephen Strawbridge loves to recall. During our sophomore year of college (2000-2001) Brien Meyer was overheard talking on the telephone in his closet office, firmly chastising someone on the other end of the line by saying “I don’t care who he’s running against, George Bush is a good man!”

Meet Murray, my yellow dog Republican friend/roommate/landlord/partner.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please tell his great greatness that I congrats him in his high position.

Anonymous said...

In some ways, this is almost more unsettling than the dog picture below...

Really, tell Murray congratulations! Remember to kiss his feet every night before bed, Jason, or he might whack you with his gavel. Wait. Can you two have gavel wars now?

Anonymous said...

Remember, most honorary chairmanships are the result of a financial contribution - Murray bought the gavel with a small donation.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Murray on becoming a prestigious contributing member of the business community.

Delray Beach VB tourney this weekend )Sat_. You and/or Murray in?

Anonymous said...

I cannot stop laughing...of the two of you, I thought you, Luther, would be in this position :-) But I've been known to be wrong...