My conversation in line at the USPS yesterday:
Me: (to the cute latino girl working behind the counter) That's a beautiful name.
Carolina (the cute latino USPS employee): Thank you.
Me: That's where I'm from, so I'm a bit partial. (she smiled shyly, but I could tell my charm had won her over)
Carolina: Ahh. So why are you in Florida.
Me: Roofing. Business.
Carolina: So you are making lots of money?
Me: Hopefully. (I was hesitant to answer - I didn't want her to love me simply for my money)
Pause in the conversation as she gets my stamps.
Carolina: Will you ever go back?
Me: To Carolina? Oh yeah, most definitely.
Carolina: You do not like it here? Why not? It is so nice, we have beaches .
Me: Yeah, but its just too bland here. I love it at home. We have beaches in Carolina, but we also have forests and mountains and lakes and rivers and colors and smells that Florida doesn't have. And space, we have a lot more space. Everything is crowded here.
Carolina: (laughing) We have mountians. Just drive down Sample and you will run into a Mountain.
Me: That is not a mountain.
Carolina: Sure it is.
Me: Well, south florida doesn't have seasons. I mean, its still officially winter and its 74 degrees outside.
Carolina: Ok. You win.
Me: Do you have any free stamps?
Carolina: (wink) nope.
And that is how you flirt with a postal worker.
Wednesday, March 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
A good salesman would have closed the deal with a date!
Another thing FL don't have is good lookin country girls! Now ain't that the truth!
Post a Comment