Saturday, July 08, 2006

MPC Employee of the Week

This week's employee spotlight shines on one of MPC's darker and more mysterious representatives. Our Project Manager, this employee was voted most likely to be a superhero, and has come to be affectionately known as the man of steel himself, James Winston Steele.

Winston hails from the northern section of the southern United States, a Virginian amphibian who spends as much time in water as he does on land. He is anything but colonial, however, and Winston brings a cutting edge fashion freakish flair to MPC, giving us a metrosexual side that Brien, Jason, and the rest of the boys are unable to provide. Winston loves water, whether drinking it or floating in it, he digs rap music, and would prefer not to tell you where he spends several of his hours every afternoon. Winston both lives and works with us, and we are glad to have such an energetic persoanility on our roofing team.


And now for a fun story with Winston.

Tired and frustrated from a long hard day of roofing, Winston cuddled up with a big 40 of Natural Ice while we all watched a movie last night. Winston was asleep long before the final credits. After cleaning up the kitchen and saying goodbye to our guests, our Man of Mystery was still sawing logs on the living room floor, sound asleep next to the box of peanut shells he had eated during the film.

Brien and I decided to have some fun.

The following pictures were taken over the course of about 15 minutes of goofing around, all the while Brien and I were giggling like little girls and beside ourselves with laughter at the fact that the Superhero Winston didn't wake up. I took about 25 pictures to document our actions - I have chosen only the best for this posting.

We began by putting a few peanut shells on Winston's cheek.

He didn't notice, so we added a few more.

And some more.

And some more.

And more.


The face wasn't enough, so we strategically placed some shells elsewhere on his person.

Still no response.

By the time Winston's face was covered with peanut shells, Brien decided to up the ante. He disappeared into the kitchen, returning soon thereafter with a can of garlic. He scooped out a large dip of garlic with an empty peanut shell, then proceeded to stuff the shell into one of Winston's nostrils. Nothing.



I was about to wet myself from stifling the laughter, but I mustered enough strength to get my own tormenting tool. Some lemon juice. I stood over Winston's face, dropping lemon juice on his nose from 3 feet up.

He didn't even flinch.

For a while we sat there, waiting with video camera in hand for Winston to wake up, hoping to capture on film the moment that Winston would awake, startled and suprised to find a use for peanuts that even George Washington Carver never imagined. We waited in vain.



Both tired, Brien and I finally decided that even better than having Winston wake up with the peanuts on his face would be to take the peanuts off, only to tell him the next day what had happened. Sure not to believe us, we would then show him the pictures, and we'd all get a good laugh. So, one by one, we removed each peanut shell from his face until they were all gone.


We've yet to tell him, and my hope is that the first time he hears of this will be when he next checks out the blog, or when one of you blog readers asks him about the peanut shells.

Until then, Superhero Winston will never know what us villians did last night.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I laughed *so hard* reading that.

Kudos to Winston on being the soundest sleeper EVAR.

~Abby~

Anonymous said...

I wish I was there when Winston reads this blog entry. He still doesn't know!

matthew gillikin said...

that's incredible.

Anonymous said...

Best. Joke. Ever. Man.

Married Man's Minivan said...

Wow, he looks like Buzz Lightyear.

Anonymous said...

That guy is nuts...HA HA HA!!!

Jeremiah said...

Jason,

Check this link out...
http://www.allowe.com/More/download.htm


Wow. Good times..
Jeremiah

Anonymous said...

my big brother. what a goofball!!!!!!!!!