At some point every year, some dufus not from the South mistakes southen cal for USC.
Little do they know. For those of you who live in the Blue States, the following is provided to help clarify the difference between USC and Southern Cal.
USC v. USC

9 comments:
if the trojans ever face the cocks i figure there's an 85% chance they'd cover the spread.
This blog post was inspired in part by The State newspaper's coverage of last night's basketball matchup between USC and USC.
USC won.
That makes USC 2-0 all time against USC.
Go Cocks.
i'd rule the other way on alumns in movies. those frat boys did south carolina no favors. but i'd also vote the other way on the local music sensation - blink 182, are you serious? also, i'd add another category: in the south. south carolina wins, and it's worth a thousand points. final score: university of south carolina 1008, university of southern california 6. no we know who the real usc is.
but another question looms: who is the real "carolina," unc-chapel hill or usc-columbia?
Another factor would be the date. USC was founded in 1801 while So. Cal. was founded in 1880. Then there's the arrogance factor... people from So. Cal. laugh when you tell them you went to the other USC and they say "Oh yeah, I guess there is another one out there."
On the UNC v. USC debate, that's a tough one. I love good SC mustard BBQ but also appreciate Eastern NC vinegar BBQ. I think what weighs most heavilly, since they are both in the south, is which respective state first seceded.
Also, North Carolina has the word North in it.
But let's be honest - there is no need to argue among us. Let's rally around the commonality - we're both called Carolina.
To argue the merits of which Carolina is better is a communist inspired propaganda tool, attempting to creating division within our own ranks. It's like George Sr. pitting Gob and George Michael against each other in order to manipulate the situation. We're family - not enemies.
Now California, on the other hand...
Jason,
I am a little surprised at your stance regarding the real Carolina issue...I do agree with the "let's rally around the commonality" idea. But you have to admit, if someone mistakingly says you are from NC aren't you quick to defend that and correct it? I got that a lot in NYC a lot, they lump us all together. Oh well. At least we aren't yankees!! (I say that in jest) Did I tell you that when I move to Japan I will be in Southern Japan--praise the Lord!!
In the only football game between USC and SoCal that I know of (1983), The USC defeated the trojans 38-14.
Southern Cal was highly favored, but failed to cover the spread.
the point about unc having the word north in it's name is very strong, and i'm not sure if it can be overcome. but i'm not trying to stir up trouble, since i'm a big fan of usc, if only because it is in the sec, as well as southern unity. i don't think i'll ever be able to love the acc since it added a team from massachusetts. i can't respect that.
Post a Comment