For all those of you who are bored with your music, I have a few recommendations of bands to check out.
1. Drive by Truckers. They just put out a cd, and it has a song about Lookout Mtn. They are supposedly the new southern rock follow up to Lynard.
2. Hope of the States. I'm going to see them tomorrow. Radioheadesque.
3. Mogwai. They headlined for the Cure.
4. Interpol. Also headlined for the Cure. New cd out called "Antics."
5. The Walkmen. New indie rock band. Haven't heard 'em.
6. Metric. Another indie rock band. Haven't heard 'em.
7. The Samples. Another band to check out from the indie rock side of things.
8. The Shins. "Chutes too narrow" is new. I haven't heard "Oh inverted world."
9. The Strokes. I'm just starting to listen to their stuff.
10. Iron and Wine. They had a song in Garden State. Mellow music as far as I know.
octoburr
Thursday, October 07, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
General rule for my tastes is that indi is lame-o. it reminds me of the stuff that kyle bobos listened to. they have lryics with a profondity level on par with that of one of avrel lavine's songs...the lyrics could have been written by a junior in high school after a bad experience at the prom. but i can vouch for the worthiness of the Samples. an older band with some substance. weight of the world from their self titled album is pretty sweet.
sir pablo
Post a Comment