This is actually a comment from Johnny T regarding the previously posted GFCI saga, however, I find John's anecdote extremely humorous, and I didn't want the brilliance to get lost in the comments shuffle.
John wrote:
The South rises to the occasion...
Intrigued by this post, I called up a Wal-Mart in good ol' Columbia, South Carolina. Assuming that the guy in sporting goods who handles the selling of guns and knives and hunting licenses knows more about electricianing than the electronics guy, I asked to speak to someone in sporting goods. Once I reached the old codger, I asked him if I could buy a GFCI there to which the Southern Wal-Mart Dude replied:
"Ain’t that a Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter?”
“Yes sir.”
“Yeah, we got ‘em. But not in my section. Come on over and I'll show you where they are."
I then thanked the guy for being in Columbia and not moving to Florida. Not knowing the preceding story thus being slightly confused, he said “Sure. Have a good’un.”
Tuesday, February 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment